Face Mask / Yakan
Anthill Fabric Gallery
The Yakan face masks are made from handloomed Philippine textile by ANTHILL partner Yakan Tennun Community in Basilan.
The patterns are the traditional Sinaluan, which is uniquely designed with two-tone stripes that span the entire face of the fabric. The Bungasama patterns range from a simple two-color design of flowers and diamonds in a diagonal checkered pattern to the elaborate geometric pattern in bright colors.
The Yakan is an indigenous Muslim tribe native to the tropical island of Basilian, in the Sulu Archipelago in the most southern region of the Philippines. Yakan people are recognised for their remarkable technicolor geometric weaves and the distinctive face decorations used in their traditional ceremonies.
Face Masks are available in Black Diamond, Black Stripes, Red/Orange Stripes, Maroon Diamond, Green Diamond and Blue Diamond patterns.
These washable and reusable fabric face mask are designed with an inner pocket for removable filter.
Masks are one-size-fits-most.
This is a personal use item and cannot be returned.
All sales are final.
MASK CARE AND PRODUCT DETAILS
- Wash brand new face mask before first time use.
- Hand wash in warm water using for delicates liquid soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Lay flat to dry. Do not bleach. Do not iron straps.
- Two (2) filters are included with each mask.
- Important Notes: While this mask provides protection, you still need to avoid touching your face, always wash your hands with soap and water, avoid crowded places, and practice social distancing.
- This is not medical grade.
- Non-surgical and non-medical use, for personal use only
- Color of the actual product may slightly differ from what you see on the screen
- Made in the Philippines
- Inside liner: 100% Cotton
- Outside Yakan fabric: 80% cotton, 20% polyester
- Straps: Elastic fabric
- Non-woven filter
These masks contain an inner pocket for a removable filter. Filters can be made from various household materials including vacuum bags and even coffee filters.